Better times are coming, they’re called 2021, 2022...!
It seems like a lifetime ago when, in December 2019, I was making glorious plans for 2020! I’d created a lovely range of different Powertex workshops and was gearing up to give my TEDx talk in Banbury with my support act, the Fine Lady. It’s amazing to think that we actually managed to present the talk just before the first lockdown! As part of my talk, I looked at how sometimes, it's the little things that can make the biggest difference, & that has certainly been more true than ever during 2020!
The world is a very different place this December but I’m still planning ahead and very much looking forward to 2021. It’s also still so important to look back and appreciate how far we’ve come.
I have a lot to be grateful for, even in 2020:
- Turning 50 and spending some lovely time at our Valley View ReTreat in the South West;
- Completing my Powertex Masters Certificate and trained up several brand new tutors;
- Trying some new artistic experiences, such as acrylic pour;
- Resolving some tech challenges to deliver a few workshops via Zoom;
- Connecting with fellow tutors, family & friends via video link;
- Setting up an Etsy shop to sell some funky designed items;
- Exhibiting at the South Northants Art Trail in the autumn;
Let’s face it, 2020 is not going to be in many people’s top 10 favourite years. It’s hard not to be fixated by what we couldn’t do and who we couldn’t see, but I’m trying to focus on the successes and have a positive outlook for next year. One thing that we all know for sure now is that nothing is certain in life, you never know what’s around the corner and we should all appreciate what we have right now!
As per this time last year, I’ve planned in lots of lovely workshops for next year and will kick it off in January with a Wine Bottle Cat workshop (I’m going to save some of the bottles from Christmas for that one!)
As well as looking forward to being able to see people again for Powertex workshops and demonstrations, I’m hoping to start working with the Women’s Institute in a new online way.
If you’re ready to put 2020 behind you and look positively forward to 2021 with some new challenges and something fun, why not book on to a Powertex workshop to have something to look forward to? Check out the website to see if anything takes your fancy!
Photo by Ron Smith on Unsplash