Workshops & Exhibitions
Fairy or Witches House Workshop
Saturday 11 June 2022
10:00am - 03:30pm
A full day workshop where you will make a fairy or witches house using recycled fabric, stone art clay & Powertex products. Once dry, your fairy house will be suitable for outdoor display.
During the workshop, you will learn how to:
- build a simple armature using everyday materials;
- add texture using recycled textiles & Powertex Universal Medium;
- mix your own air drying clay using Stone Art & Powertex Universal Medium;
- make embellishments, such as flowers, leaves & butterflies, to add to your Fairy House;
- mix your own pigments to colour your Fairy House;
- apply colour using dry brushing techniques.
You will be taken through all the steps to create your beautiful & unique weather resistant fairy house under the expert tuition of Liz Dixon, approved Powertex Trainer.
You will learn lots of tips & techniques throughout the day to enable you to continue with your own Powertex projects at home.
Learn how to build a simple armature, sculpt using recycled fabrics & mix your own air-drying clay, before over-brushing with your choice of matt & metallic pigments to complete your fairy home.
Where possible, we aim to use recycled textiles & found object in our workshops. If you have a piece of natural fibre material that you wish to incorporate into your work, then please feel free to bring this along with you & we can advise if it is suitable to use. However, all materials & protective gloves/aprons are included in the cost of the workshop.
Please can we request that long hair is tied back, & rings/bracelets are removed before attending.
Please bring a packed lunch.
Artistic ReTreats Home Studio
30 Frog Lane